The Solid Rock Community Development Corporation is a nonprofit community development corporation focused on improving the quality-of-life for all in Southeast Colorado Springs. Our mission is to build a diverse Southeast Colorado Springs economy that emphasizes the importance of affordable housing, small business development, and healthy community environments.
Our vision is a diverse, vibrant, thriving Southeast Colorado Springs. Our role in the neighborhood is to lead economic development and community engagement efforts while advancing health and wellness, arts and culture, beautification, and education and business strategies in partnership with other organizations, businesses, and neighborhood groups.
General Description of the Position
The Executive Assistant is a part time 30 hrs./week position. The staff person in this position will work across disciplines to increase Southeast Colorado Springs vitality through economic development efforts and neighborhood activation. Enhances executive’s effectiveness by providing information management support; representing the executive to others. The Executive Assistant will provide personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner. They will work on a one-to-one basis on a variety of tasks related to executive’s working life and communication. The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
- Acting as the administrative point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients
- Undertaking the tasks of receiving calls, take messages and routing correspondence
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Responsible for reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares and produce reports, presentations and briefs by collecting and analyzing information.
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proven experience as an executive administrative assistant.
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Exel, Outlook and Power Point
- Proficiency in English/Bilingual preferred
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- High School degree with College Degree preferred. Additional qualification experience as Executive Assistant would be considered an advantage.
Submit resume and cover letter describing the applicant’s interest in and qualifications for the position to Solid Rock Community Development Corp. PO Box 15631, Colorado Springs, CO 80935 or email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until January 15th, 2019. This is a three-year, grant-funded position. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. SE Colorado Springs resident preferred.