Solid Rock Community Development Corporation
Project Manager Job Description
The Solid Rock Community Development Corporation is a nonprofit community development corporation focused on improving the quality-of-life for all in Southeast Colorado Springs. Our mission is to build a diverse Southeast Colorado Springs economy that emphasizes the importance of affordable housing, small business development, and healthy community environments.
Our vision is a diverse, vibrant, thriving Southeast Colorado Springs. Our role in the neighborhood is to lead economic development and community engagement efforts while advancing health and wellness, arts and culture, beautification, and education and business strategies in partnership with city government, other organizations, businesses, and neighborhood groups.
General Description of the Position
The Project Manager is a full-time position. The staff person in this position will work across disciplines to increase Southeast Colorado Springs vitality through economic development efforts and neighborhood activation, while participating and leading a wide variety of community development programs. The project manager will work with city government, community groups, business owners, and partner organizations to create and develop a community hub and increase participation in community activities. The Project Manager reports to the Executive Director.
- Assist in developing programs to assist existing SE Colorado Springs businesses such as marketing efforts and promotional events and assist SE Colorado Springs entrepreneurs with developing their businesses.
- Work with businesses and resident groups to improve the physical appearance of and uses within the community hub.
- Assist in developing a programming and sponsorship plan that increases demand for economic investment.
- Lead initiatives to improve community infrastructure and programming in the community focusing on resident safety and healthy living environments. This also includes partnering on health programming to increase physical activity in the community.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with RISE Coalition stakeholders in SE Colorado Springs.
- Manage all aspects of social media
- Supervise food security efforts in SE Colorado Springs
- Lead small and large group meetings to gain consensus and to advance community initiatives.
- Work with SRCDC staff and residents to plan community-based events.
- Attend and participate in community programs and meetings.
- Assist the Executive Director with special programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence and ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated successful experience leading groups in a committee environment focused on a common goal.
- Interest in and understanding of community development and urban planning.
- Solid time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and function independently in a busy office environment. Must have demonstrated experience managing multiple projects at once.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Shows attention to detail in his/her work.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to independently and thoroughly seek out answers to problems and questions.
- Passionate about community development, resident participation, and the idea of people working together to create positive change.
- Personable and positive attitude, both within the office and out in the community.
- Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Graphic design experience will be looked upon favorably.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, in order to attend community meetings and events.
- Background in community planning, grant funding, community development, and/or economic development is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant experience. Must have a valid driver’s license and have own transportation.
Submit resume and cover letter describing the applicant’s interest and qualifications to email@example.com .