Job Title: Youth Service Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Project Manager
Classification: Part Time
Salary: $25,000 / Annually
Program: The Youth Service Program (YSP) offers 11-18-year olds the opportunity to gain skills and improve their world through volunteering. YSP mobilizes diverse groups of youth volunteers from across the community into teams to complete meaningful service-learning projects that address a variety of important needs.
Position Objective: YSP Coordinator plans, recruits for, and supervises service-learning projects for youth and represents the YSP program and Solid Rock Community Development Corporation (SRCDC) to schools, agencies, volunteers, and other YSP partners.
- Collaborate with fellow team leaders, youth, schools, and agencies to plan service-learning projects in accordance with YSP standards.
- Recruit youth volunteers from a variety of sources to serve on those projects.
- Exhibit professionalism when working with youth, parents, agencies, fellow team members, supervisors and all other YSP constituents.
- Supervise YSP projects, working alongside youth volunteers, acting as liaison between agency and youth ensuring a safe educational, fun, and rewarding youth volunteer experience.
- Design and incorporate structured project activities, including ice breakers, team builders, service- learning, and reflection, that promote teamwork and social interaction while increasing understanding and appreciation for the root cause served.
- Maintain regular communication with the youth, schools, and agencies in the YSP network to advertise projects, plan new projects, and share program accomplishments.
- Complete and submit accurate documentation of project activities and youth volunteer performance as required by the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Communicate questions, concerns, and accomplishments with your supervisor.
- Help plan and implement new youth recognition methods.
- Create opportunities for youth to help plan projects, guide program management, develop leadership and other life skills, and learn more about the community and the world.
- Act as a role model for youth volunteers.
- Be an advocate for youth and the service they are providing.
- Attend all required YSP training and events.
- Be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma or GED
- Be available most Saturdays, school breaks, and after-school
- Have experience working with or volunteering with youth
- Be outgoing, friendly, and able to multitask
- Communicate well with people from a variety of backgrounds, including at-risk youth
- Have a passion for helping youth succeed
- Have basic computer knowledge
- Be willing to get hands dirty
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking
- Experience working with 11-18-year-old youth
- Knowledge of service learning
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong personal ethic of service
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector
- Ability to sit, type, and view a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds and climb ladders.
- Language/Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability.
- English. Bi-lingual preferred and/or willing to learn and use Spanish as needed.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with youth, parents, and partners of the organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.